Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Suspension Dispersion
The process by which insoluble solids are dispersed into a solution to form a suspension with very small particles is called dispersion. The surfactant which acts to promote solid dispersion and form a stable suspension is referred to as a dispersant. In fact, it is difficult to distinguish whether a semi-solid fat is emulsified or dispersed in a solution, and whether the emulsifier and the dispersant are usually the same substance. Therefore, in the actual use process, we put the two together as an emulsifying dispersant.
The action principle of the dispersant is essentially the same as that of the emulsifier, except that the dispersed solid particles are generally less stable than the emulsified droplets.
- January 25, 2019Common cationic surfactants are cetyldimethylammonium chloride (1631), octadecyltrimethylammonium chloride (1831), cationic guar gum (C-14S), cationic panthenol, cation Silicone oil, dodecyl dimethyl ...view
- January 25, 2019Foaming effectThe state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view
- January 25, 2019Soft and smoothWhen the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear al...view
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view