Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Suspension Dispersion
The process by which insoluble solids are dispersed into a solution to form a suspension with very small particles is called dispersion. The surfactant which acts to promote solid dispersion and form a stable suspension is referred to as a dispersant. In fact, it is difficult to distinguish whether a semi-solid fat is emulsified or dispersed in a solution, and whether the emulsifier and the dispersant are usually the same substance. Therefore, in the actual use process, we put the two together as an emulsifying dispersant.
The action principle of the dispersant is essentially the same as that of the emulsifier, except that the dispersed solid particles are generally less stable than the emulsified droplets.
- January 25, 2019SolubilizationSolubilization refers to the effect of the surfactant on increasing the solubility of poorly soluble or insoluble materials in water. For example, the solubility of benzene in water is 0...view
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view
- January 25, 2019Foaming effectThe state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it...view
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view
- January 25, 2019Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould ...view