Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Suspension Dispersion
The process by which insoluble solids are dispersed into a solution to form a suspension with very small particles is called dispersion. The surfactant which acts to promote solid dispersion and form a stable suspension is referred to as a dispersant. In fact, it is difficult to distinguish whether a semi-solid fat is emulsified or dispersed in a solution, and whether the emulsifier and the dispersant are usually the same substance. Therefore, in the actual use process, we put the two together as an emulsifying dispersant.
The action principle of the dispersant is essentially the same as that of the emulsifier, except that the dispersed solid particles are generally less stable than the emulsified droplets.
- January 25, 2019EmulsificationEmulsification refers to two liquids (such as oil and water) that are not in phase with each other. One of the liquids is uniformly dispersed into another liquid with very small particle...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- January 25, 2019Soft and smoothWhen the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear al...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view