The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, washing, antistatic, irritating, calcium soap dispersion and other properties, and the practical applicable pH range is wider than general ionic surfactants. In addition to the removal of fouling and foaming properties, other properties tend to be superior to conventional anionic surfactants. Experiments have shown that the addition of a small amount of nonionic surfactant to the ionic surfactant results in an increase in the surface activity of the system --- a comparison between the same active levels.
Alkyl alcohol amides are a class of nonionic surfactants with superior properties, versatility and high frequency of use, and are commonly used in various liquid detergents. Alkanolamides commonly used in liquid detergents are "2:1 amide" and "1.5:1 amide", and "1:1 amide" can also be used. These three specifications vary in their water solubility and thickening properties. In general, "1.5:1 amide" is more moderate and is more commonly used in detergents. Usually, "1:1 amide" is used in combination with other water-soluble surfactants to dissolve easily. Alkyl alcohol amides are more suitable for alkaline detergents and can also be used in detergents which are generally acidic. Alkyl alcohol amide is the least expensive of the nonionic surfactants. In 2002, the price was RMB7,800/ t. Alkyl alcohol amides are used more frequently in liquid detergents than fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene alcohols. The nonionic surfactants used in shampoos are often alkyl alcohol amides. The reason may be that the comprehensive function of FFA is better or more than AE; the price of FFA product is lower than AE; the solubility of FFA is better than AE; the foaming property of FFA is better than AE.
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- January 25, 2019Alkyl betaine amphoteric surfactant is a good leather finisher which makes the leather more resistant to dry cleaning;The addition of a betaine amphoteric surfactant to an alkenyl rubber inhibits the ...view
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- December 17, 2018Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is on...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view