Application of Betaine Surfactants - Emulsifier
Betaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow distribution. The alkylbetaine amphoteric surfactant is used as an emulsifier for the polymerization of styrene. The latex is diluted with water and filled with a batch of mucilage and acrylic on a nylon carpet, the stain can be reduced. Dodecyl and tetradecyl betaine can also be used as a suspending agent for the aqueous phase polymerization of vinyl chloride. Most of the allyl latex is synthesized in the presence of low concentrations of lauryl beet alkali or coco alkyldimethyl. A alkyl betaine as a cationic latex for emulsifiers, with a cationic emulsifier, which is specially used for road paving chemicals and has much better performance than nonionic emulsifiers. Betaine amphoteric surfactants can also be used in the preparation of photographic emulsions. Octadecyl betaine is an emulsifier for the preparation of alkyl acrylates and acrylonitriles in polymeric hydrosols compatible with gelatin. It remains stable in the pH range and is used as a photographic emulsion.
Oil recovery additives
Betaine amphoteric surfactants are used in secondary and tertiary oil recovery, and their dispersibility is particularly advantageous for limestone tectonic rock formations. Oil recovery can be enhanced by the displacement of a microemulsion containing a betaine or an acyl betaine amphoteric surfactant. The alkylbetaine amphoteric surfactant displaces carbonate minerals, and since the betaine amphoteric surfactant has excellent solubility in a saline solution, it is not precipitated by divalent calcium ions. The C12-14 alkyl chain sulfite betaine is a fungicide for sulfate reducing bacteria and can be used for enhanced oil recovery and crude oil refining.
- January 25, 2019SolubilizationSolubilization refers to the effect of the surfactant on increasing the solubility of poorly soluble or insoluble materials in water. For example, the solubility of benzene in water is 0...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019(1) DetergentAs a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-...view
- January 25, 2019Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould ...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- December 17, 2018Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is on...view