Application Classification of Surfactant in Coatings
Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:
Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould proof and bactericide, anstatic agent, sensitizer and slip additive are included.
Being anti-static electricity is how surfactant performs in coating industry
Antistatic agent usually applies cationic surfactant to inhibit the production of electrostatic charge through different ways to let electrostatic charge out or lower friction factors.
It is required to meet the standard below:
1. It has sound effects on preventing the electrostatic charge.
2. It can stop electrostatic charge durably.
3. It has good compatibility with film forming matter.
4. It will not influence other performances of coatings like it will not yellow the film.
The principle of anti-static agent: it takes advantage of the characteristics of its cationic surface activity to absorb the water in the air so as to produce polarity on its own, forming an extreme thin conducting layer on the surface and constituting static electricity. Thus, its results depend on its structure and relative humidity in the environment.
Being flatting agent is how surfactant works in coating industry
When choosing flatting agent to improve leveling property of coating, we should consider two aspects :
1.Active agent that can lower the surface tension of coatings/film can be selected to improve the leveling property of coatings greatly.
2.Solvent that has slow speed of volatilization and reduces the dynamic viscosity of coating application can be picked up so as to better the fluidity of coatings, lengthen the time, and run up to final leveling.
- January 25, 2019Soft and smoothWhen the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear al...view
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsificationEmulsification refers to two liquids (such as oil and water) that are not in phase with each other. One of the liquids is uniformly dispersed into another liquid with very small particle...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019Quaternay ammonium salt bactericide, which has the property of ionic compound, is easy to dissolve in the water while it is hard to behave in the same way in the non-polar solvent, being stable in che...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view