Surfactant Role In Cosmetics
Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is one of the biggest markets for surfactant, the products there are inclusive of laundry soap powder, liquid detergent, dishwashing detergent, all kinds of household cleaning products and personal care products such as shampoo, hair conditioner, hair grease, moisturizing lotion, toner and mildy wash. Industrial surfactant are the sum of surface active agents used in all industrial fields except for those taking advantage for civil use. It enters into textile industry, metal industry, coatings, painting, plastic resin industry, food industry, paper manufacturing industry, leather industry, oil production, sputtering system, mining industry and energy industry, etc. The detailed description will be followed by terms of several aspects.
Surfactant is used in cosmetics
Surfactant is extensively used in various of cosmetics as emulsifier, penetrant, detergent, softener, wetting agent, bactericide, dispersant, solubilizerm, anlistatig and tint. Non-ion surfactant is commonly seen in cosmetics because it is not stimulate and compatible to other components. Generally, they are some fat delspray and polyether.
The requirements of cosmetics to surfactant
The composition of cosmetics is diverse and complicated, which not only has oil and water but a variety of functional surfactant, preservatives, essence and pigments, belonging to multiphase disperse system. With the increasing requirements of types and functions, the varieties of surfactant used in cosmetics are growing. The surfactant in cosmetics should be tender and without toxic side effect. In addition, it should meet the requirements being colorless, being free from unpleasant odor and having high stability.
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view
- January 25, 2019Quaternay ammonium salt bactericide, which has the property of ionic compound, is easy to dissolve in the water while it is hard to behave in the same way in the non-polar solvent, being stable in che...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view