An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and similar in a neutral solution. Nonionic properties. Amphoteric surfactant is easily soluble in water, soluble in concentrated acid and alkali solution, and even soluble in concentrated solution of inorganic salt. It has good hard water resistance, little skin irritation, good fabric softness and antistatic property. Good, good bactericidal effect, good compatibility with various surfactants.
These products can be applied in a wide pH range, but the performance under acidic and neutral conditions should be better than that under alkaline conditions in terms of the corresponding ion state under different acid-base conditions. In general, zwitterionic surfactants are more expensive than nonionic surfactants.
The important amphoteric surfactants are dodecyl dimethyl betaine, carboxylate imidazolines and so on. Compared with anionic surfactants, nonionic surfactants are more comprehensive and have fewer defects---only poor detergency and foaming properties. Some properties of amphoteric surfactants are better than nonionic surfactants. The rest of the performance is not behind. Amphoteric surfactants have better foaming ability than general nonionic surfactants - AE has poor foaming ability; better bactericidal ability - relatively nonionic and anionic; better conditioning. Therefore, in liquid detergents, amphoteric surfactants are mainly used in shampoos, followed by skin cleansers such as shower liquids.
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- January 25, 2019(1) DetergentAs a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-...view
- January 25, 2019Quaternay ammonium salt bactericide, which has the property of ionic compound, is easy to dissolve in the water while it is hard to behave in the same way in the non-polar solvent, being stable in che...view
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view