Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Antistatic Effect
Soft and smooth
When the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear alkyl polyoxyethylene ethers, linear alkyl fatty acid polyoxyethylene ethers, and various cationic surfactants all reduce the static friction coefficient of the fabric, so it can use as a fabric softener. Surfactants with branched alkyl or aryl groups do not form a neat orientation on the surface of the fabric, so it is not suitable for use as a softener.
Certain anionic surfactants and quaternary ammonium salt cationic surfactants readily absorb moisture to form a conductive solution layer on the surface of the fabric, so they have antistatic effects and are used as antistatic agents for chemical fiber fabrics.
- January 25, 2019EmulsificationEmulsification refers to two liquids (such as oil and water) that are not in phase with each other. One of the liquids is uniformly dispersed into another liquid with very small particle...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view