Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Antistatic Effect
Soft and smooth
When the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear alkyl polyoxyethylene ethers, linear alkyl fatty acid polyoxyethylene ethers, and various cationic surfactants all reduce the static friction coefficient of the fabric, so it can use as a fabric softener. Surfactants with branched alkyl or aryl groups do not form a neat orientation on the surface of the fabric, so it is not suitable for use as a softener.
Certain anionic surfactants and quaternary ammonium salt cationic surfactants readily absorb moisture to form a conductive solution layer on the surface of the fabric, so they have antistatic effects and are used as antistatic agents for chemical fiber fabrics.
- December 17, 2018Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is on...view
- January 25, 2019Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould ...view
- January 25, 2019SolubilizationSolubilization refers to the effect of the surfactant on increasing the solubility of poorly soluble or insoluble materials in water. For example, the solubility of benzene in water is 0...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view