Common cationic surfactants are cetyldimethylammonium chloride (1631), octadecyltrimethylammonium chloride (1831), cationic guar gum (C-14S), cationic panthenol, cation Silicone oil, dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide (OB-2) etc. Cationic surfactants, unlike other surfactants, have poor detergency and foaming properties and tend to have some irritating toxicity (low).
Cationic surfactants are used as co-surfactants in liquid detergents --- a conditioning agent component that is used in small amounts; typically used in higher grade products, primarily for shampoos. Cationic surfactants are not directly compatible with anionic surfactants. The compatibility of cations and anions has the potential for good results, but the risk of precipitation (crystallization) is greater.
There are many kinds of cationic surfactants used in shampoos, and the frequency of use is also relatively scattered--not concentrated on one or two varieties, and often formulated as conditioner products. Cationic surfactants have a small share of the production of surfactants and are often more expensive than other classes of surfactants. Compared with various types of surfactants, cationic surfactants have the most prominent adjustment effect and the strongest bactericidal action. Despite the disadvantages of poor detergency, poor foaming, poor compatibility, high irritation, and high price, it is not a substitute for other types of surfactants in high-grade liquid detergent shampoos. It is worth noting that cationic surfactants can also be used only as a conditioning component or as a bactericide.
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019Medical and health fieldsBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used in medicine, pharmaceuticals, biology and other related fields.Alkyl betaine has a certain effect on a drug molecule having an enant...view
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019Foaming effectThe state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view