Common cationic surfactants are cetyldimethylammonium chloride (1631), octadecyltrimethylammonium chloride (1831), cationic guar gum (C-14S), cationic panthenol, cation Silicone oil, dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide (OB-2) etc. Cationic surfactants, unlike other surfactants, have poor detergency and foaming properties and tend to have some irritating toxicity (low).
Cationic surfactants are used as co-surfactants in liquid detergents --- a conditioning agent component that is used in small amounts; typically used in higher grade products, primarily for shampoos. Cationic surfactants are not directly compatible with anionic surfactants. The compatibility of cations and anions has the potential for good results, but the risk of precipitation (crystallization) is greater.
There are many kinds of cationic surfactants used in shampoos, and the frequency of use is also relatively scattered--not concentrated on one or two varieties, and often formulated as conditioner products. Cationic surfactants have a small share of the production of surfactants and are often more expensive than other classes of surfactants. Compared with various types of surfactants, cationic surfactants have the most prominent adjustment effect and the strongest bactericidal action. Despite the disadvantages of poor detergency, poor foaming, poor compatibility, high irritation, and high price, it is not a substitute for other types of surfactants in high-grade liquid detergent shampoos. It is worth noting that cationic surfactants can also be used only as a conditioning component or as a bactericide.
- January 25, 2019(1) DetergentAs a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-...view
- January 25, 2019Medical and health fieldsBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used in medicine, pharmaceuticals, biology and other related fields.Alkyl betaine has a certain effect on a drug molecule having an enant...view
- January 25, 2019Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould ...view
- January 25, 2019Soft and smoothWhen the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear al...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view