Common cationic surfactants are cetyldimethylammonium chloride (1631), octadecyltrimethylammonium chloride (1831), cationic guar gum (C-14S), cationic panthenol, cation Silicone oil, dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide (OB-2) etc. Cationic surfactants, unlike other surfactants, have poor detergency and foaming properties and tend to have some irritating toxicity (low).
Cationic surfactants are used as co-surfactants in liquid detergents --- a conditioning agent component that is used in small amounts; typically used in higher grade products, primarily for shampoos. Cationic surfactants are not directly compatible with anionic surfactants. The compatibility of cations and anions has the potential for good results, but the risk of precipitation (crystallization) is greater.
There are many kinds of cationic surfactants used in shampoos, and the frequency of use is also relatively scattered--not concentrated on one or two varieties, and often formulated as conditioner products. Cationic surfactants have a small share of the production of surfactants and are often more expensive than other classes of surfactants. Compared with various types of surfactants, cationic surfactants have the most prominent adjustment effect and the strongest bactericidal action. Despite the disadvantages of poor detergency, poor foaming, poor compatibility, high irritation, and high price, it is not a substitute for other types of surfactants in high-grade liquid detergent shampoos. It is worth noting that cationic surfactants can also be used only as a conditioning component or as a bactericide.
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- January 25, 2019Alkyl betaine amphoteric surfactant is a good leather finisher which makes the leather more resistant to dry cleaning;The addition of a betaine amphoteric surfactant to an alkenyl rubber inhibits the ...view
- January 25, 2019Suspension dispersionThe process by which insoluble solids are dispersed into a solution to form a suspension with very small particles is called dispersion. The surfactant which acts to promote solid...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view