Common cationic surfactants are cetyldimethylammonium chloride (1631), octadecyltrimethylammonium chloride (1831), cationic guar gum (C-14S), cationic panthenol, cation Silicone oil, dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide (OB-2) etc. Cationic surfactants, unlike other surfactants, have poor detergency and foaming properties and tend to have some irritating toxicity (low).
Cationic surfactants are used as co-surfactants in liquid detergents --- a conditioning agent component that is used in small amounts; typically used in higher grade products, primarily for shampoos. Cationic surfactants are not directly compatible with anionic surfactants. The compatibility of cations and anions has the potential for good results, but the risk of precipitation (crystallization) is greater.
There are many kinds of cationic surfactants used in shampoos, and the frequency of use is also relatively scattered--not concentrated on one or two varieties, and often formulated as conditioner products. Cationic surfactants have a small share of the production of surfactants and are often more expensive than other classes of surfactants. Compared with various types of surfactants, cationic surfactants have the most prominent adjustment effect and the strongest bactericidal action. Despite the disadvantages of poor detergency, poor foaming, poor compatibility, high irritation, and high price, it is not a substitute for other types of surfactants in high-grade liquid detergent shampoos. It is worth noting that cationic surfactants can also be used only as a conditioning component or as a bactericide.
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- November 15, 2018test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test testview
- January 25, 2019SolubilizationSolubilization refers to the effect of the surfactant on increasing the solubility of poorly soluble or insoluble materials in water. For example, the solubility of benzene in water is 0...view
- November 15, 2018（1）Emulsification: the oil has big surface tension in the water, so when water is dripped into the oil and stirred with efforts, the oil will be turned into fine beads and emulsion will appear due to the mixu...view