Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Foaming Effect
The state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it is stirred. The surface area of the gas enthalpy in the system after the foam generation is greatly increased, making the system unstable, so that the foam is easily broken. When the surfactant is added to the solution, the surfactant molecules are adsorbed at the gas/liquid interface, which not only reduces the surface tension between the gas/liquid phases, but also forms a monomolecular film with a certain mechanical strength so that the foam is not easily broken.
Surfactant aqueous solutions have different degrees of foaming. Generally, anionic surfactants have higher foaming properties, while nonionic surfactants have weaker foaming properties, especially when used above the cloud point.
Since the surface of the foam has a strong adsorption to the dirt, the durability of the washing is improved, and the dirt is prevented from redepositing on the surface of the object. Therefore, people always think that the detergent with good foaming ability has strong decontamination ability, so many liquid detergents will reduce the pressure of the jet pump, and it is not conducive to rinsing. Therefore, a low foaming type nonionic surfactant should be used in this case.
- January 25, 2019The main varieties of nonionic surfactants are alkyl alcohol amide (FFA), fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AE), alkyl phenol ethoxylate (APE or OP). Nonionic surfactants have good solubilization, ...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsificationEmulsification refers to two liquids (such as oil and water) that are not in phase with each other. One of the liquids is uniformly dispersed into another liquid with very small particle...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019SterilizationThe quaternary ammonium salt bactericide has the property of an ionic compound, which is highly soluble in water and is insoluble in a non-polar solvent, with stable Chemical properties. ...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view