Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Foaming Effect
The state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it is stirred. The surface area of the gas enthalpy in the system after the foam generation is greatly increased, making the system unstable, so that the foam is easily broken. When the surfactant is added to the solution, the surfactant molecules are adsorbed at the gas/liquid interface, which not only reduces the surface tension between the gas/liquid phases, but also forms a monomolecular film with a certain mechanical strength so that the foam is not easily broken.
Surfactant aqueous solutions have different degrees of foaming. Generally, anionic surfactants have higher foaming properties, while nonionic surfactants have weaker foaming properties, especially when used above the cloud point.
Since the surface of the foam has a strong adsorption to the dirt, the durability of the washing is improved, and the dirt is prevented from redepositing on the surface of the object. Therefore, people always think that the detergent with good foaming ability has strong decontamination ability, so many liquid detergents will reduce the pressure of the jet pump, and it is not conducive to rinsing. Therefore, a low foaming type nonionic surfactant should be used in this case.
- December 17, 2018Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is on...view
- November 15, 2018test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test testview
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view
- January 25, 2019Medical and health fieldsBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used in medicine, pharmaceuticals, biology and other related fields.Alkyl betaine has a certain effect on a drug molecule having an enant...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view