Functions of Cationic Surfactant - Foaming Effect
The state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it is stirred. The surface area of the gas enthalpy in the system after the foam generation is greatly increased, making the system unstable, so that the foam is easily broken. When the surfactant is added to the solution, the surfactant molecules are adsorbed at the gas/liquid interface, which not only reduces the surface tension between the gas/liquid phases, but also forms a monomolecular film with a certain mechanical strength so that the foam is not easily broken.
Surfactant aqueous solutions have different degrees of foaming. Generally, anionic surfactants have higher foaming properties, while nonionic surfactants have weaker foaming properties, especially when used above the cloud point.
Since the surface of the foam has a strong adsorption to the dirt, the durability of the washing is improved, and the dirt is prevented from redepositing on the surface of the object. Therefore, people always think that the detergent with good foaming ability has strong decontamination ability, so many liquid detergents will reduce the pressure of the jet pump, and it is not conducive to rinsing. Therefore, a low foaming type nonionic surfactant should be used in this case.
- December 17, 2018Surfactant can be applied to citizen’s daily life and industries. It is said from some information that 2/3 of those for civil use are applied in personal care products; the composite detergent is on...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- November 15, 2018（1）Emulsification: the oil has big surface tension in the water, so when water is dripped into the oil and stirred with efforts, the oil will be turned into fine beads and emulsion will appear due to the mixu...view
- January 25, 2019An amphoteric surfactant refers to a surfactant having both an anionic and a cationic hydrophilic group, and thus the surfactant is cationic in an acidic solution, anionic in an alkaline solution, and...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view