Application of Betaine Surfactants & Cosmetics
As a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-soluble liquid washing component. The alkylamide betaine has strong foaming property, low irritation and stable foam, which can be used as a liquid soap made of detergent and shampoo amidopropyl betaine. It has low skin irritancy, high safety and skin softness.
Betaine is used as an emulsifier in cosmetic emulsions. Its solution is stable, which has good ductility on the skin and has good skin care effect. What’s more, Betaine has a strong antiseptic quality and is nutritious to the skin.
Betaine type amphoteric surfactants are used in shampoo for its good foaming, decontamination, safety, hard water resistance, etc. After compounding with anionic and nonionic surfactants, it will have the functions of foaming, thickening, and reducing irritation and so on.
(4) Textile, printing and dyeing auxiliaries
The development of betaine amphoteric surfactants is originated in the textile industry. Betaine amphoteric surfactant is one of the most chemically stable surfactant classes. It maintains amphoteric characteristics and chemical stability over a wide pH range. Therefore, betaine amphoteric surfactant is suitable as a leveling agent and used as a wetting agent, a scrubbing agent, an antistatic agent and a softener in the sulfation of wool.
- December 17, 2018The development direction of surfactant will be demonstrated in the following: 1. it turns to be natural; 2. it will replace harmful chemicals, 3. it will be washed to put into use at room temperature...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view
- January 25, 2019Wetting effectWhen the solid is in contact with the liquid, the original solid/gas, liquid/gas interface disappears and a new solid/liquid interface is formed. This process is called wetting. For exam...view
- January 25, 2019Toothpaste is comprised of powder abrasivus, wetting agent, surfactant, adhesive, spices, edulcorant and other special ingredient. 1.AbrasivusThe commonly used abrasives in tooth paste include:① Calc...view
- January 25, 2019Soft and smoothWhen the surfactant molecules are aligned on the surface of the fabric, the relative coefficient of static friction of the fabric can be reduced. Non-ionic surfactants such as linear al...view
- November 15, 2018（1）Emulsification: the oil has big surface tension in the water, so when water is dripped into the oil and stirred with efforts, the oil will be turned into fine beads and emulsion will appear due to the mixu...view