Application of Betaine Surfactants & Cosmetics
As a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-soluble liquid washing component. The alkylamide betaine has strong foaming property, low irritation and stable foam, which can be used as a liquid soap made of detergent and shampoo amidopropyl betaine. It has low skin irritancy, high safety and skin softness.
Betaine is used as an emulsifier in cosmetic emulsions. Its solution is stable, which has good ductility on the skin and has good skin care effect. What’s more, Betaine has a strong antiseptic quality and is nutritious to the skin.
Betaine type amphoteric surfactants are used in shampoo for its good foaming, decontamination, safety, hard water resistance, etc. After compounding with anionic and nonionic surfactants, it will have the functions of foaming, thickening, and reducing irritation and so on.
(4) Textile, printing and dyeing auxiliaries
The development of betaine amphoteric surfactants is originated in the textile industry. Betaine amphoteric surfactant is one of the most chemically stable surfactant classes. It maintains amphoteric characteristics and chemical stability over a wide pH range. Therefore, betaine amphoteric surfactant is suitable as a leveling agent and used as a wetting agent, a scrubbing agent, an antistatic agent and a softener in the sulfation of wool.
- January 25, 2019Commonly used such active agents are fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. The fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether sulfate is aliased to AES, sodium alcohol ether sulf...view
- January 25, 2019Suspension dispersionThe process by which insoluble solids are dispersed into a solution to form a suspension with very small particles is called dispersion. The surfactant which acts to promote solid...view
- January 25, 2019Based on different functions, the surfactant used in coating industry can be classified as following:Emulsifier,surface treatment agent, wetting dispersant of pigment, defoamer, flatting agent, mould ...view
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view
- November 15, 2018（1）Emulsification: the oil has big surface tension in the water, so when water is dripped into the oil and stirred with efforts, the oil will be turned into fine beads and emulsion will appear due to the mixu...view