Application of Betaine Surfactants & Cosmetics
As a liquid washing component, hydroxyl betaine has good water solubility in a wide temperature range and good washing effect, which can be applied to a high concentration and high water-soluble liquid washing component. The alkylamide betaine has strong foaming property, low irritation and stable foam, which can be used as a liquid soap made of detergent and shampoo amidopropyl betaine. It has low skin irritancy, high safety and skin softness.
Betaine is used as an emulsifier in cosmetic emulsions. Its solution is stable, which has good ductility on the skin and has good skin care effect. What’s more, Betaine has a strong antiseptic quality and is nutritious to the skin.
Betaine type amphoteric surfactants are used in shampoo for its good foaming, decontamination, safety, hard water resistance, etc. After compounding with anionic and nonionic surfactants, it will have the functions of foaming, thickening, and reducing irritation and so on.
(4) Textile, printing and dyeing auxiliaries
The development of betaine amphoteric surfactants is originated in the textile industry. Betaine amphoteric surfactant is one of the most chemically stable surfactant classes. It maintains amphoteric characteristics and chemical stability over a wide pH range. Therefore, betaine amphoteric surfactant is suitable as a leveling agent and used as a wetting agent, a scrubbing agent, an antistatic agent and a softener in the sulfation of wool.
- October 23, 2018According to the classification method of oilfield chemicals, oilfield surfactants can be divided by the application into surfactants for drilling, surfactants for mining, surfactants for improving yi...view
- January 25, 2019EmulsifierBetaine amphoteric surfactants can be used as microemulsifiers and dispersants, which can be used in styrene emulsion polymerization to obtain small particles (50 to 100μm) with a narrow di...view
- November 15, 2018（1）Emulsification: the oil has big surface tension in the water, so when water is dripped into the oil and stirred with efforts, the oil will be turned into fine beads and emulsion will appear due to the mixu...view
- January 25, 2019Quaternay ammonium salt bactericide, which has the property of ionic compound, is easy to dissolve in the water while it is hard to behave in the same way in the non-polar solvent, being stable in che...view
- January 25, 2019Such active sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate and sodium α-alkenyl sulfonate are common. Sodium linear alkylbenzene sulfonate, LAS or ABS, is a white or light yellow powder or flake solid, soluble...view
- January 25, 2019Foaming effectThe state in which the gas is dispersed in the liquid is called a bubble. If a liquid is easily formed into a film and is not easily broken, the liquid will produce a lot of foam when it...view